Wednesday 2 March 2016

Guac, frying and Videotapes


Been working on something top secret and super exciting, so haven't been able to post about my work much for most of Feb... but will do soon. However, I can tell you what I've been up to otherwise!

I've heard it said that I "should be on the tourist board for LA" because I love living here, take advantage of every opportunity to do LA things and I have a loud voice about it. Let's stay on that topic for a minute. Since I last blogged we've had Shrove Tuesday (aka 'Pancake Day') which I gather isn't that well known or celebrated in the US, but back in Europe it is. We make pancakes and then give something up (like alcohol, sweets, cigarettes etc) for 40 days until Easter Day, and then we go back to gorging ourselves on our vices. In New Orleans they celebrate this day and use the French term 'Mardis Gras' which means 'Fat Tuesday'.

The Alcove, Los Feliz
I celebrated 'Mardis Gras' by making American style pancakes and going out in Los Feliz for the Mardis Gras celebrations. Also... and this is where it gets relevant....

* * ... I created a Tall Tales Productions YouTube channel! * * 

I fried up some real pancakes, used them as reference, and then made miniature pancakes for an editorial commission. Having discovered the 'timelapse setting' on my camera I decided to film the process and this is the video result! See it here or over at the channel.



In other fun LA lifestyle news, I was invited to a Guacamole party known as 'Guac Bowl' in which people bring the craziest and most imaginative guacamole offerings such as Oysters Guacafella, Wok-a-Guac, Devilled Gueggs, Guacamole cheesecake, Ice guax pies, Miso guacy sushi... you get the idea. I reiterate - "How much fun is living in LA?!" Not that quick off this mark I entered a fairly rudimentary little dollop of guacamole in a plain dish.

...However! I made the hosts a miniature guacamole gift and timelapsed that too! Watch it here or at the channel.


Photos from the Guac Bowl experience!



Aside from that, it's been fun and work, Angelyne sightings in my neighbourhood, work, meeting peacocks in a Wild West themed restaurant, work and work. Also, heads up - the next witch for 'Good Witches Bad Witches' is a Russian witch...

Will update more witch progress soon. Don't forget you may find more frequent work updates at my Instagram here.

Angelyne


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...