Tuesday 6 January 2015

California Dreamin' ~ Happy 2015!


Happy New Year everyone! I am usually off somewhere else for NYE, such as New Orleans, Europe, Vegas etc, but this year I spent it in beautiful Malibu for a change, and watched the sun rise over the ocean on New Year's Day from my balcony. It was brilliant.

I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas / the holiday season and I wish everyone a fun and successful 2015!

Here's a year's round up - the highlights of my 2014. The year started with a giant commission for Paris (see the rows of realistic miniature fruit below), followed by 10 more magazine features of my work, including two front covers, and then two exhibitions on my work - one in LA, one in China. I also flew a plane (Cirrus Sr22), paid a visit to the Grand Canyon, traveled all over China at the beginning of the year, stayed in a chateau in France in May and then wound up back in Shanghai for my exhibition in Dec. I taught workshops in China and appeared in several Chinese newspaper, magazine, web articles and videos. Who'd have though it, eh?!

Check back here soon for behind the scenes of the Shanghai miniatures, new characters for an animation project, and much much more this year!

The 'Big Apple' commission for Paris
Hong Kong, Guilin, Xi-an, Beijing, Shanghai China trip
Editorial work and a ball
Painting characters and micro baking
Chateau in France, and miniature breads
the miniature forest set piece
flying a plane to Catalina, various miniatures
preparing for Halloween and editorial spreads

Barbarella for Halloween 2014, making train station
press conference in Shanghai, China
some pieces for Shanghai exhibition
some pieces for Shanghai exhibition
Burbank exhibition

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...