Wednesday 15 October 2014

Leave it Out

Last night I dreamt about leaves. Tiny, miniature hand-painted leaves. The night before I also dreamt about leaves. This is what happens when you perform the same leaf-making task 400 times over.

So, I've been making hundreds of leaves and completed three identical green pumpkin patches - one for an exhibition, two for sale elsewhere. Aside from that, I have been putting something together for my first appearance in a Dutch magazine, working on some other pieces (which I'll share when they're further along) and... best of all... I met director John Landis over the weekend!


What a great time of year to meet the director of one of my all-time favourite horror films. LACMA did a screening of 'An American Werewolf in London' (a film I know so well I can quote almost every line of dialogue before the actor says it) and I was able to have a chat with John Landis himself, and his talented costume designer wife, Deborah Nadoolman Landis. It's Halloween this month and if you haven't seen 'An American Werewolf in London' (1981), then I'd make seeing it this scary season a top priority. It's hugely underrated and totally genius. Not to mention the jaw-droppingly fantastic special make-up effects by Rick Baker. It was the first film to win an Academy Award for Best Make-up (the category was created that year).


Here are some photos of leaves and the base for the pumpkin patch. The fence is willow, the base is celluclay and mixed media, and the leaves are paper.





6 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

Una composición original,divertida y perfecta,me encantan tus calabazas!!!
Besos.

carmen said...

que bonito trabajo

Griffinwyse said...

Love that film too and your pumpkin patch is adorable!

Drora's minimundo said...

Your pumpkin patch is wonderful. I
love your work!
Hugs, Drora

Mª José (Miniluna) said...

Hola, me han gustado mucho tus trabajos. Son maravillosos!!

besos

Mª José (Miniluna) said...

Son geniales todos tus trabajos. Besos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...