Thursday 23 January 2014

The Big Apple....... Commission

Wondering if I took that crazy Paris commission - mentioned in my first blog update of this year (here)? Well of course I did, and it actually became a larger order than 300 miniature sculpted pieces of fruit... the client requested hundreds of perfect little miniature pieces - all with a realistic finish and to scale.

In my typical fashion I'm working 10+ hour days, stopping only for essential interruptions, such as one day at Disneyland during the 3-day weekend. See my photo at the end of this post of one of my favourite rides - gorgeous lit up like that isn't it?!

So... a few more days to complete this giant Snow White apple undertaking and I'll be able to get back to things a little more fun - like 'Myrtle the Witch' and 'The Hidden World'. Stay tuned here or at the Facebook page for updates on those projects in a week or so...

Here are some photos of my work in progress which I took this morning whilst the next batch of fruit sculpts was being hardened in the clay oven...

Past project based on Snow White theme (2012)
Disneyland - Jan 2014



5 comments:

The Old Maid said...

Can't imagine making 300 of these, but your apples look so real and beautiful!
Hugs

Suebee said...

These are fabulous. I just don't know how you do it!!!!

elizabeth s said...

Hi Caroline! What an undertaking but the results are Spectacular!!! The Apples are ALL Perfection :D

elizabeth

Georgie McF-W said...

They are ANAZING Caroline! Shame you didn't you see that the request was for 200 apples of the Granny Smith variety... just imagine! ;-) xxx

Caroline McFarlane-Watts said...

Thank you all so much for your flattering comments.

Georgie - what a surprise to see a sibling using blogger (or even reading my blog!). Yes - making the wrong apple would have been a bit of a problem! Thanks a lot! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...