Tuesday 2 October 2012

Camera Test (finally!)

Last night we finally did a few tests filming some miniatures using the slider.

The scene is not dressed or anything - it's just some fairly random miniature pieces, a backdrop and some furniture. It's all we needed. The test is okay but I think it moves a tad too fast (this is the slowest we're able to go at the moment), it's still a bit jerky and I also feel that the motion blur isn't right yet. Will make some changes and shoot more tests again tonight. 

....So, not perfect, but to keep you all in the loop - here's my first camera test up on Vimeo. ;)

Click to watch it here or click the image below.


MACRO LENS UPDATE
Aside from the test, to those of you who emailed since my last post about the macro lens... you're right - the last post didn't really show the lens off. So I took some more photos and I think you'll agree we get some serious close up detail. You'll also notice that even using f/20 it's still really shallow though which is what I meant when I said it was limiting. The spider cake tray below is 1, 6/16 inch in length -  photographed from 4 inches away at f/20, and the piece of cake closest to the lens is soft. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...